Opening October 17, 2019, Great Wolf Lodge Arizona shared the first details about the 85,000-square-foot indoor waterpark with Flagstaff Moms Blog.
We cannot wait to welcome this brand new 85,000 square-foot indoor waterpark at the new Great Wolf Lodge Arizona to our beautiful state! Slides, surf, and sun are just a few of the amazing elements families can enjoy at the soon-to-open waterpark and resort. With a water temperature set at 84-degrees year-round, the indoor waterpark facility will offer weatherproof family fun for every age and excitement level.
The resort will also feature an oversized outdoor resort pool so families can take advantage of the favorable Arizona weather. Near the outdoor pool, Great Wolf Lodge will offer an adult-only oasis with relaxing chaise lounge chairs and a private hot tub for parents to enjoy. This sounds like a dream, sign us up!
Great Wolf Lodge Arizona will be packed with action and fun for the whole family. Offering a variety of options for all ages, guests will have endless options to explore.
Waterpark experiences include:
- Talking Stick Treehouse: Great Wolf Lodge’s signature, multi-level water play structure featuring suspension bridges, slides, spray stations and other water elements.
- Wolf Tail: Guests step into a launch pod and listen to the rhythmic sound of a heartbeat as they wait for the floor to drop out from underneath, hurling them into a nearly vertical, 20-foot free fall, followed immediately by a 360-degree, high-speed loop.
- Howlin’ Tornado: An exhilarating family raft-ride that sends guests down a steep 15-foot drop and into a massive funnel.
- Alberta Falls: The perfect slide for parents and kids to enjoy together, or for siblings to have fun racing each other to the bottom.
- River Canyon Run: A rollicking family raft ride that sends up to four riders on a white-water adventure down one of the park’s longest slides. With no steep drops, this is the perfect slide for parents and the kids to enjoy together.
- Slap Tail Pond: A family favorite. The audio cue of a howling wolf brings this gigantic wave pool to life with waves reaching up to three feet in height. The active surf rolls through every five minutes, to the giggling delight of the children in the pool.
- Crooked Creek: Guests can relax and float on tubes down this winding lazy river located in the middle of the park.
- Chinook Cove: Activity pool featuring basketball hoops, floating obstacles and other more action-oriented elements for children.
- Big Foot Pass: Unique water obstacle challenge where kids and adults alike balance on floating logs and lily pads while traversing the pool.
- Whooping Hollow: A special section of the waterpark designed exclusively for toddlers and younger guests. This play pool is filled with perfectly sized water slides featuring gentle slopes and tiny turns, making them the go-to attractions for the “under 42 inch” set. Adjacent is a zero-depth entry pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.